THEME: TRANSPORT (including AERONAUTICS)
Project acronym: REACT
Project full title: Supporting REseArch on Climate-friendly Transport
Grant agreement no: 233984
Timetable: from 01/08/2009 to 31/07/2011
REACT aspires to act as a driving force for coordinating, supporting and strengthening the Research & Technology Development (RTD) area of climate-friendly transport and mobility, so as to achieve integration at the European level of funding opportunities for the mitigation of greenhouse gas emissions from transport.
REACT has the following concrete aims:
- To share experiences among research program managers in the Member States, Associated States and EC, so as to create synergies and enhance collaboration. This will lead to the identification of national and regional funding initiatives on climate friendly transport and mobility and of research opportunities for stakeholders and researchers.
- To articulate a long-term vision and a Strategic Future Research Agenda on climate-friendly transport that will contribute to the development of a European strategy in this area.
- To improve synergies between Member States, Associated States and the EU RTD Agenda on climate-friendly transport and mobility by enhancing coordination of funded research initiatives among EC and national agencies.
- To organise a set of focussed dissemination activities that will significantly enhance the impact of research outcomes from EC-funded projects. Coordination with the activities of ERA-Transport will be required.
- To develop a common set of indicators for the carbon impact of transport research.